January 14, 2012

Edmund's Community Corner

End of Week 1


Anyone can attest that weight loss is not easy. I began this week weighing in at 246.4 lbs. This week I weighed in at 246 lbs; so that's a .4 lb loss. As of October 2011 that's 4 lbs to date. I have to admit that when I saw a number less than two, I was on the verge of being upset, but then Saint Theresa saved the day! She told me "You know, someone once told me, 'The New York marathon is 26.2 miles, and unless you complete the .2 miles, you have not finished the marathon.'" Once she said that, I did not feel bad because life is not 'The Biggest Loser'. I will reflect on that anytime I'm on the verge of bashing myself for not meeting outcomes I cannot control. Whatever challenges you are tackling for this year and beyond, keep in mind that deadlines are hard stops and goals are open ended and life changing. Deadlines in life, I believe, are exhausting because you always have to start over once you've met it, or stress out if it's breached. Alternatively, when you set goals, they are generally something that will be ongoing that is meant to increase quality of life or uplift you from that point forward. The way I see it, businesses make deadlines, people set goals. One goal I've set for myself is to ride my bike at least once a week. So far I have surpassed my goal and I aim to surpass it throughout the year. I will continue to update on my progress with my weight loss peppered with my opinions and/or anecdotes on various topics.

Thank you for joining me on my journey and godspeed on your endeavors.

Ellison

No comments:

Post a Comment

Stalk Edmund